Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Something from Greece

My brother was being posted to Greece to work for half a year since July. My parents, brother's wife and kids took the opportunity to visit him during the Hari Raya holidays last month. Mum enjoyed the morning market as there were lots of fresh and cheap vegies and fruits !

Before they came back to Malaysia, mum couldn't resist but bought back some fruits for us by hand carrying. The fruits were very SWEET and JUICY & CHEAP !

One of the fruit which I've never seen before was the fresh fig. They said there were dried fig in Malaysia but I've never seen one before too. haha

Fresh fig

When I peeled it open, it does looked disgusting ! Like thousands of worms crawling inside. However, the fruit tasted very sweet !



Mum also bought some fresh pistachio nuts for us to try. This is my first time seeing and eating it.

Fresh pistachio nuts
In my next post, I shall post more photos on this pistachio nuts..................

20 comments:

  1. wow, fresh pistachios!
    yes, greece is famous for its pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something interesting as we don't have it in our country

      Delete
  2. My first time seeing fres pistachio. So nice colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. fresh FIGS!!! my love... it's very ex in KL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, i dun really like the fig even thought it tasted sweet. But the texture was soft....

      Delete
  4. wow, what a nice experience to be posted to Greece to work for half a year.. surely everyone must take that opportunity to visit your brother there, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i so envy him. I should study smart like my brother :( but I play hard instead.

      Delete
  5. i have seen fresh figs being sold in some supermarkets, and i actually have tried them somewhere (i cannot remember).. but fresh pistachios, this is really the first time i am seeing it!! it looks vibrant in color, interesting.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...i never see fig before in M'sia. haha...so jakun.

      Delete
  6. yeah, i would say one of the nice places to go when you are in a different country will be their local markets!! you will be able to see many eye-opening things and experience the lives of the locals.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy visiting their markets too when i went traveling. Got so many things to see.....

      Delete
  7. Erm, fig does looks gerli to me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the texture also geli...coz very soft. haha

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't know how to eat that...but I think I saw somebody sharing a photo of her figs on Facebook - someone in Kuching, if I remember correctly. Looks like we can plant them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to my liking.... would prefer persimmon.

      Delete
  9. Got fresh fig. At borong is rm5 for 4 pcs. The skin also can eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh.....you are a fruit Queen. haha.....

      Delete
  10. I have seen fresh fig in the high end store but don't know the inner is so gross..ahahah

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails