Saturday, November 16, 2013

Something different for lunch

I was blog hopping that day and saw a post about salad. It had been quite a while I last had salad and I suddenly craved for it. The next day, I bought the ingredient and told MIL not to prepare lunch for us as we are going to eat the western way ! 


To prepare croutons, spread bread with some butter and cut into cube sizes. Toast in the oven for about 3 mins or until golden brown. Keep in an air tight container once cool.
Croutons

To add some protein into our diet, I prepared some chicken meat. I marinated the chicken meat overnight for better taste. 
Chicken breast cut into cubes, marinated with salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, a tablespoon of fried minced garlic and some garlic oil. Quite often, MIL will fried some minced garlic (soaked in oil) and keep in an air tight container.

While waiting for the chicken to be toasted in the toaster oven, I washed and prepare the greens. Both hubby and I love raw onions. 
Greens with raw onions, tomatoes and raisins

Occasionally, I will check on the chicken in the oven to make sure it doesn't burnt ! 
Fragrance turmeric chicken toasted in the oven toaster for about 30 minutes. You will notice a lot of water at the beginning of toasting, but after 20 minutes or so, the water will start to dry up.

Since I have a canned of Tuna soaked in Sunflower oil, I prepare some sandwiches for hubby. Again, I added some chopped raw onions and a little bit of mayo as hubby doesn't really like the taste of mayo.

Tuna with chopped raw onions and some mayo

As the toaster oven was still hot, i quickly toasted some black & white sesame seeds. I nearly burnt them. haha 
Toasted black & white sesame seeds

Once everything done, it's the mixing time. My bowl of salad with chicken, tuna, tomatoes, raisins, croutons, sesame seeds, mayonnaise and raw onions. Yummmss...... something different for our lunch. It was quite fillings.

Salad with all the above ingredient.

20 comments:

  1. Nice looking salad. I love croutons in salads...but I would prefer something else other than plain mayo for the dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love French dressing actually but we seldom have salad at home, so no point buying a bottle of it.

      Delete
  2. Wah, the salad looks good la!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So healthy! This is my kind of meals hehe. I like my salad plain with no dressing at all :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see all the healthy meals u prepared for your girl.

      Delete
  4. hmmm, i think it's always nice to have something different occasionally for lunch.. guess your MIL also was happy that she didn't need to cook~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is indeed a very loaded salad!! you have greens, chicken, tuna, croutons and sesame all in one!! wow, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade, can add all kinds of ingreadient.

      Delete
  6. hehehe, but i do not like my salad with mayo.. i think i don't need any dressing for this, since there are already tuna mayo and chicken and also the sesame and croutons.. would just happy eat them like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, u dun like mayo ? Actually with those extra ingredient, the salad are already very flavouful.

      Delete
  7. cut down mayo - not so fattening, hahahaha!! probably i will add some lemon juice and olive oil and then a pinch of salt to taste.. have to cut down those sinful things, hehehe!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I should just eat plain... Healthier. Ha ha

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. No need to use wok ! Oil free. Ha ha

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the idea. me also blank on what to eat for lunch at times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the kid eats green, not a headache at all. Hope to see u posting up salad in your blog soon.

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails