Saturday, January 18, 2014

Showered with LOVE

During the long school holidays in Nov 2013, I brought the 2 kids back to my parents' house for a 4D/3N stays. It was our first time traveling down by train and glad that the journey was a smooth one. No delay and we reached our destination less than 3 hours of journey. The kids were excited and in order to keep them quiet, I brought a few story books from home to let them read at the station while waiting for our train.

Kids reading storybook at the train station
Once arrived, my parents were already waiting for us at the train station. Dinner was all prepared earlier and we had nutritious soup to drink too. Mum even asked what we want to eat for breakfast the next day. I requested for homemade 'lo mai kai' and my wish was granted.

The next morning, pipping hot 'lo mai kai' was served.

Homemade 'lo mai kai'


Lots of chicken and pork
Then, I requested to eat 'Lit Tau Suan' and mum was just like the genie in the magic lamp. My wish was granted again ! She had all the ingredient available at home and with some 'magic' touched, a pot of delicious 'tong sui' was ready !

In Hokkien, we called it 'Lit tau suan'
I can't find this dessert in Seremban. My in laws had never heard or taste this dessert before. It was to eat with some fried yau char kuey.

Fried 'yau char kuey'
The kids doesn't like the dessert but they ate lots of yau char kuey. This bowl of dessert was simply divine. The gooey sticky starch was so yummy !

A delicious bowl of 'tong sui'
During dinner time, it was my kids' turn to request for something. Both wanted MILO DINOSAUR and grandpa said "No Problem at all !" Spending a few minutes in the kitchen, grandpa came out with 2 glasses of homemade Milo Dinosaur. The kids quickly finished their rice that day as they can't wait to taste grandpa's specialty.

Grandpa's specially made Milo Dinosaur for the kids
We were so blessed to be showered with love back at home. Our 4D/3N stays passed so quickly. How I wish it was 4 years 3 months instead ! haha. 

18 comments:

  1. oh, how nice!! you brought your kids back to your parent's house during the holiday.. and i can really feel you were showered with lots of love from your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our annual routine during the long school breaks.

      Delete
  2. it's like all your wishes come true, whatever you said you wanted to eat, your parents were making that for you.. so nice!! and i love that "lor mai gai" so much, it looked so delicious even from the photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...even before I went back, they had been asking me over the phone! haha...

      Delete
  3. oh, you love "lit tau sua"?? i actually do not fancy that, just like your kids, hahaha!! but there was once my mum always cook this, OMG~~ my favorite "tong sui" are still "hak lor mai" and "mak juk" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that tong sui. Those tong sui you mentioned are also my favourite ! haha

      Delete
  4. My kids also love going back to grandparents during the long school holiday.

    Long time i didnt eat that tong sui. It is lit tau sua. The mung beans I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is mung beans. The grandparents showered so much love on the kids, making them become the King and Queen!

      Delete
  5. Wah, so lucky la you all, the homemade loh mai kai looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum's homecooked are always the best.

      Delete
  6. Oooo...two of my favourites! Let tau suan, can't get in Sibu...and lor mai kai, no good the few we have here. Tsk! Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here in Seremban, no lit tau suan. But we do have a few nice lo mai kai. Price are getting expensive. RM2.90 for one !

      Delete
  7. It sure feels good to be pampered by our parents once in a while. I can't wait for my turn too! Going back for CNY in a few days' time *excited*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...i know that 'feelings'. Enjoy yourself as much as you can.

      Delete
  8. I love LMK and I can't remember when was the last time I make it. I know it takes lots of time and works..I malas la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love LMK too....especially homemade with char siew. The other day, mum did not managed to get any char siew...what a waste!

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails