Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recycled

Do you keep used Chinese New Year ang pow or do you throw them away after you have taken out the money inside ?

Long ago, I used to throw them away. Not until recently, I've started to keep and recycled those which are still in good conditions. Some red packets have very good quality ~ thick paper and not easily tear. Since they look as good as new, it will be such a waste to throw them away. In the following year, I will use them again to insert money and give to relatives during CNY. 

Recycled ang pow which are still in good conditions
Some red packets are just too cute to be thrown away. Some of my relatives purposely bought specially designed red packets to give to my kids. Some, we got it free from Astro. I've kept 6 Chinese Zodiac which are ......

1. Rat

2. Ox

3. Tiger (from Astro)

4. Rabbit

5. Dragon  (from Astro)

6. Snake. During CNY 2013, YX received a red packet from his school 

Of course, I do use NEW red packets too. Soon, we will be galloping into the year of HORSE and I've got a pack of new red packet from Public Bank. 

7. Horse
I've never buy any red packets before since I can get them for free.

New red packets from Public Bank, Tesco and Hewlett Packard

15 comments:

  1. I get all of mine from ONE bank, lady there very nice...gave me 110 pieces, so some I use to decorate the house, don;t need so many. Hehehehehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot ! Normally, bank over here only give me 2 packs (8 pcs each pack) = 16 pcs. Hmm.......that lady see u handsome, that's why gave u more ! ha ha

      Delete
  2. hmmm, usually i will just take out the money after CNY and throw the packets away.. i only keep until towards the end of CNY and then one shot open and throw :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did u check properly? Don't ever throw those with money still inside ! haha

      Delete
  3. won't recycle the angpow also lah, but if really very nice and cute ones, i will keep them, of course the packet only lah, the money still will be taken out and be spent!! haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tak sampai hati to throw away those beautiful and still in good condition ang pow.

      Delete
  4. but i do have a habit to keep the angpow my parents gave me.. will keep for a year, and will only open when the new one comes in the next year.. that means i always have the angpow they gave me all the time.. think this will help them to earn more credits?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.....that's a good practice. In case you need money on emergency ! haha

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Please recycled and save the earth ! haha....

      Delete
  6. Normally i will try to use up all those angpow with zodiac since we can only use once in 12 yrs..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! Don't throw them again! I've been collecting those. Very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got a special drawer in the office and at home just to keep the new and recycled angpow packets..and some of them are collected during Rayas and Deepavali too..Wishing you & your family a Happy and Prosperous Lunar Year of Horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice angpow packets....Gong Xi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. last time i would keep some of the nicer ones... but after that, realised that I am keeping too many old wrappers... so started to just throw... but would usually keep the 2 nicest ones to keep all my angpow money... heheh

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails