Friday, January 24, 2014

RM100 and a flat tyre

Yesterday, I went to my boy's school to collect the RM100 given by the government. Coincidentally, MIL needs to have her regular check up at the local clinic, hence I will have to go to pick up my kids. After collected the money, we left the school and while driving half way, I heard some weird sound. I was worried because my car is already a 9 years old car and once a while, there are wear and tear. I quickly off my air-con and the sounds seem to be getting louder and louder. Then, I felt my car felt so heavy. I quickly find a place to stop and glad there was a petrol station right ahead. I was shocked to see a FLAT TYRE !

As quoted by XJ, the tyre flat like Roti Canai !
I asked for help at the petrol station but this uncle said he doesn't know how to change a flat tyre. I have all the necessary tools in my car but I do not have the knowledge and strength to do it myself. I call hubby but he was busy at the workshop at that time, so I will have to wait. Since time is limited, I asked the kids to do their homework in the car while waiting for hubby. Glad that both were so cooperative and did as what was told. Maybe this was their first experienced and they were as worry as me ! 

After waiting for nearly 40 minutes, hubby finally arrived. He had changed flat tyre before so it was easy for him.





This morning, I took the flat tyre to repair and glad it can be done even the hole is quite big. It cost RM15.

Finally, had the flat tyre repaired
I was lucky this incident happened in Seremban town itself so I can easily asked for help. I can't imagine if this happened outside the town, what should I do. Hmm.....maybe I will have to abandon my car and take a taxi back !

17 comments:

  1. wow need for 40min, my kids will be screaming lo.. lucky your kids cooperate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because they were as shocked as me. haha....

      Delete
  2. hmmm, that RM100 (x2 i supposed since YX and XJ each gets one) really not easy huh?? you got a flat tyre and have to wait for 40 minutes for your hubby..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No [SK]. RM100 only for my son. My girl is still in kindy so not eligible.

      Delete
  3. luckily both YX and XJ were cooperative enough to do their homework inside the car.. and placing their exercise books on the lap to write is not easy thing to do at all!! bravo kids~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they were worried too. And the next day was still a schooling day so by hook or by crook, they must finished their homework.

      Delete
  4. phew!! luckily it wasn't a serious damage to your tyre, only RM15 to cover the hole, else if *touch wood* the whole tyre is damaged, your RM200 also not enough to pay, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya....luckily can still mend the hole. haha.......But now, i'm still worried it might give way anytime !

      Delete
  5. Aiyor, your girl sitting...just like a lady, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.... she likes to sit leg crossed. But sometimes, can get really rough.

      Delete
  6. You hv car insurance right? Insurance co hv towing service. FOC within certain km.

    If it happens outside town and desperate, maybe can call tow truck tow to nearest workshop to change the tyre. I know it's dramatic but if no choice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...I've thought of that Insurance too but since I managed to call hubby, then I just wait for him. If in case it really happened out of town, guess I will need the tow truck to tow it for me ! haha

      Delete
  7. Wah, the tyre really very 'flat', hehe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a bit hole ! Otherwise, I will just pump in more air and drove back to the office which is just another 10 mins drive away only.

      Delete
  8. oh I had experienced flat tyre many times and every time got people to help me to change the tyre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r so lucky ! This was my first experienced.

      Delete
  9. u have very good patience, 40mins long wait.....

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails