Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cinema Night

Last Friday, we went to the cinema for the movie 'The Journey'. Coincidentally, I have a 'Buy 1 Free 1' voucher and it was going to expire soon. Hearing so many positive comments about this movie, we just ought to catch it. Moreover, it was a Malaysian made, so must show a bit of support ! haha

Since this movie had been aired during the CNY time, we thought we can easily get the tickets. We were surprised when we were being told only the 1st and 2nd front rows were available. Wah, I never thought this movie still have so many people watching even it had been in the cinema for almost 3 weeks ! Nevertheless, we still proceed to watch this movie and sitting on the front row really isn't as comfortable as the back.

The Journey talks about a lady who lived in overseas since the aged of 8, finally came back home with her British fiance during the CNY to inform the aged father that they will be getting married. The father, a very strict and traditional old man was very unhappy but still blessed them towards the end because of his love for the daughter. It was really touching. The director was good in making the movie a little humorous too so we actually laughed with tears in our eyes.

A few days ago, I was talking to mum over the phone and she even mentioned about planning to watch this movie. However, something corps up and she did not managed to catch it. This coming weekends, my parents will be coming to Seremban and I hope to bring them to the cinema.

Second thoughts, I'm actually afraid this movie might make them sad and worry. You see, my parents are somewhat the same age as the father in the movie. It tells how his circle of friends passed away one by one due to illness. Am I being silly to have such thoughts ? haha

Anyway, this is really an awesome Malaysian made movie. Love how they uses many languages in one movie and emphasis on the tradition like eating mee suah during one's birthday. Sad to say, we never practice that anymore.

23 comments:

  1. Now we didn't follow any rules, eat mee suah anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true. Even my kids have mee suah when they were unwell. haha

      Delete
  2. this movie I no see, I watch The Lion Men, yesterday

    www.mymomsbest.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, at first i thought what English movie that is, after reading your post i know it's our local production 一路有你.. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...because I typed English name so you thought it was an English movie ?

      Delete
  4. yeah i read the newspaper as at Sunday it has a box office of RM13-million, making it the biggest Malaysian movie to date, that's indeed something exciting right?? and i guess still more to come.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since the movie is still screening in the cinema, I believe the box office will increase ! Clap clap clap

      Delete
  5. heard many people who have watched and gave good review of the movie, i guess that's why more and more people went to watch this movie.. well, i have not watched it yet, but i am sure it must be a lot better than the other "Ah Beng" movie, haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. word of mouth is does have an impact. Even the ticket seller told me the movie is BEST. He is a malay guy. haha

      Delete
  6. just bring your parents to watch the movie lah, i think you do not have to think too much about what you have been worried about.. i think as we get older, we tend to see things more differently from what we used to, perhaps your parents are already very open to that issue already.. just enjoy the movie with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When people gets older, they are more sensitives and more pantang no matter how open minded they are. Just my thoughts la.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. haha...maybe by next year, Astro will broadcast on tv

      Delete
  8. I've heard rave reviews about The Journey. Gone are my days in the cinema. Have to wait for baby to grow older first :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true. But baby grew up real fast. haha....

      Delete
  9. I heard it's a nice movie...but I;m not into watching movies these days. Can't sit so long! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to watch this tonight with my hubby and parents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not been to the cinema for a very long time, the last round I went to watch a movie is last year to watch "White House Down" with my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i seldom visit the cinema too. But sometimes with vouchers, I will make myself go. haha

      Delete
  12. Heard so much about this movie. Now I'm really curious to watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails