Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hygiene

This morning, I went down town. As usual, I had my favourite Malay Mi Sup as breakfast at the post office. Before I start my story, let me explained a little bit on the stalls. There are 3 stalls and I shall just named them A, B & C.

Stall A sells my favourite Mi Sup (and other types of noodles) while Stall B is selling 'Nasi Berlauk' (rice with dishes) and Stall C is selling roti canai. Even the three stalls are operated by different owners, but they doesn't mind their customers to sit anywhere they like. Some customers came in group of 4 - 5 people and will order from different stalls. However, they would want to sit together at one table so the other stalls will have to bring the food over.

As for me, I only visited Stall A from day one because I just love the Mi Sup. While I was eating this morning, I was shocked when the lady from Stall B suddenly brought an empty plate and glass from her side and put on my table ! Right in front of me ! The emptied plate and glass belongs to Stall A.

I just don't understand why can't the lady from Stall B brings the plate over to the wash area or hand over to the lady at Stall A ? Can't she sees me still enjoying my noodles ?

I really hate that sight. I quickly signaled the lady from Stall A to clear off the plate and glass from my table.

This just reminded me of something similar. There was one time I was having burger at a fast food restaurant and the worker suddenly came to mop the floor near my table. The smell of Dettol just make me lost my appetite. Don't you think customers have the right to enjoy their meal hygienically ?

15 comments:

  1. hmmm, good that the stalls share the tables and allow the customers to sit anywhere they like.. unlike some places, you have to sit within the area and cannot order anything other than the stall or their "alliance"..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like that too, so customers can actually be casual to sit anywhere. Some stalls doesn't allowed and it is so troublesome.

      Delete
  2. hmmm, i was wondering why the lady from Stall B just dump the bowls on your table?? she might as well bring it to Stall A, or just ask Stall A to go and collect them from her tables.. strange!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering on that too ! haha.....and I really hate it especially I'm eating half way. Imagine looking at the dirty plates !

      Delete
  3. oh yeah, it would be so losing appetite if somebody place dirty dishes onto my table when i am eating.. yucks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the lady from stall A was fast to remove the dirty dishes.

      Delete
  4. Be thankful she did not scold you loudly and rudely - that happened to be at Gurney Drive in Penang...not once but twice. Will never go back there again and anyway, the food is terrible - bluff the tourists only, they do not know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...heard about this Gurney Drives but still, people flocked over

      Delete
  5. i oso don like being kacau when i am having meals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. otherwise, not good for our digestions. haha

      Delete
  6. Better than a worker suddenly sweeping the floor next to my table. Really spoil my appetite and mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear....that's really spoil the appetite ! haha

      Delete
  7. Probably the supervisors never told the workers what to do and what not. Maybe you shd tell them off one day if you happen to see such workers again. Then maybe these workers will realize and learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh...i don't think i dare to tell them off..... normally, i will just ignored and try to eat as fast as I could.

      Delete
  8. That is plain rude....dumping dirty plates in front of people who is still eating. Even you were not her customer but still... hmm. I don't mind workers mopping the floor when I'm eating but sweeping the floor is a big no no! The way they sweep is like stirring up all the dust which will surely land on my food. Yucks.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails