Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My favourite Potato Cookies

I first tasted this melt - in - the - mouth potato cookies at hubby aunty's house a few years back during CNY. It was given to her by a friend. Since then, I'd been looking forward to visit this aunty whenever it is CNY ! LOL !

Just last year around CNY period, coincidentally I was at the Pasar Malam and I saw this cookies ! I wasn't sure if it tasted the same as the lady said 'No testing'. I still gave it a try and glad that I did. I found my darling ! The following week, I went back and bought more to give to my mum and in laws. They love it too and this is the only cookie with no leftover after CNY.    

The melt-in-your-mouth potato cookies
This year, I bought from the same lady again. She only left 4 canisters and I took all. After giving out the other 3 to my family and in law, I kept 1 for myself to be eaten in the office. Haha...... Mind you, the other 3 had already finished theirs while I just opened mine today. The cookies were still fresh and  I will slowly enjoy them.


So soft, so irresistible
The texture of this cookie is so soft and not dry at all. Unlike some other cookies, you will need a glass of water to standby. It has a slight potato smell and is not sweet at all.

The only cookies I will buy during CNY
I'd tried to Google for the recipe the other day before CNY, but I couldn't find any. Do any of you have this recipe to share ?

14 comments:

  1. Look nice. Like mashed potatoes, hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is called long bing (dragon cookies). my fren made this for me everyyear, u wan her recipe? children love this a lot, including mine...once eaten will keep asking for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....This is different from the Dragon cookies. It is softer n really melt in the mouth type. Much tastier than Dragon cookies

      Delete
  3. The texture looks like German cookies. Does it taste buttery too?

    Potato cookies..sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first googled for the recipe, I thought it was German cookies but ended up, it was different. Not very buttery but got a hint of potato. Very nice.

      Delete
  4. I know this CNY snacks, but I seldom eat those, I prefer kuih kapit and pineapple tarts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love prawn crackers. Can't have enough of those but after eating, sure very heaty. haha

      Delete
  5. oh really made of potato?? i have seen something similar (dunno whether it's the same thing) but i thought just some normal flour thing only..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe potatoes were added into the cookies. Really soft and yummy.

      Delete
  6. i does look like something very fluffy that will just melt in the mouth huh?? haha, but i think cannot eat a lot also, since it can be very heaty.. or you must drink lots of water after having them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all cookies are heaty. Very easy to get sore throat if ate too much !

      Delete
  7. so you only took out two pieces everytime?? haha, if given me, i will just take out piece by piece from the container, and without realizing how much i have popped in, it may have already been half emptied by the time i look at it the second time~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.....good stuffs must savour slowly ! haha

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails