Thursday, February 27, 2014

RUSH

This morning, both kids woke up by themselves. It was still early and I was relieved so we doesn't need to rush. By the time YX finished his morning drink, it was not even 7am. We left home 10 minutes earlier than we normally did. Since it was still early, the traffic was not heavy. Parking in his school compound was a breeze too. I walked him to his classroom and while he was arranging his books to pass up, he realized he left his English book at home.

HORROR ! HORROR ! HORROR !

I asked him to double check properly and indeed, it was not in his bags. He started to get worry and cried. I told him I will go home and take it for him since teacher will punished them if they did not hand in their homework in time.

Luckily it was still early for us to go to work and luckily our house is just nearby. I quickly drove home and searched for his book which he briefly told me where he put it. Glad that I found it and quickly drove back to his school. By that time, the traffic was already very heavy especially at the traffic lights near to his school. If I continued to queue at the traffic lights, I will be LATE.

I quickly divert and drove to the school's back door. It is actually a one way street so I have to park my car further down the road and walked into his school. Without any child to hold in one hand and a heavy bag to carry, walking was not a problem at all. I ran up stairs to his classroom and he was still crying with friends consoling him by telling him "Don't cry la, mummy is here'. How nice !

With all the rushing here and there, luckily we still have ample time to drive to the office. I don't blame my boy for his careless mistake because I believe we aren't perfect. Considering this was his second time only (first time was during primary one), so a little mistake here and there are bound to happen. However, hope this won't happen again (too soon) as rushing like that might give me a heart attack !

17 comments:

  1. Lucky he is a neat boy n know where he left the book. Else lagi rush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, luckily he knows where is the book. Else I won't have the time to search the whole house !

      Delete
  2. It happens sometimes. One of those things, had my share of that. Makes life more interesting. Hehehehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gave me extra exercise as I need to walk up the stairs twice (3rd floor) and also walked further ( when I parked my car further down the road to use the back entranced)

      Delete
  3. oh, you really can't expect things to happen huh?? glad it was a heart-pounding morning for you today huh?? heart-pounding because of the shock that YX left his book, heart-pounding because you were in a rush, heart-pounding because you have to walk briskly to bring the book to him.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya ya...extra exercises and also as a reminder that next time I must make sure he keeps all his homework in the bag !

      Delete
  4. hmmm come to think about it, maybe everything was destined huh?? the kids both woke up earlier, and you left home for school earlier.. only that you have time to make a trip back home to bring the book.. if you were not earlier today, then tough lor hor??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes I really wondered if everything were destined ? And talking about destiny, I suddenly thought of that k-drama '来自星星的你' OST. Haha

      Delete
  5. it's okay lah, sometimes we do left out something occasionally right?? it wasn't his intention like he did not do his homework and purposely left it home and told the teacher he left it at home.. funny ah, i think the children are always more afraid of the teachers than parents right?? YX was so worried till he cried..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, we as an adult will also left out or forgot something. So I really don't blame him or scold him. And it is true children are more afraid of their teachers. As they said other people only have the abilities to teach your child, rather than yourself.

      Delete
  6. That's why better don't rush, the more you rush, the clumsy you become...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually we did not rush. Luckily it was still early and I still have the time to turn back home. Otherwise, my poor boy will surely be punished by the teacher.

      Delete
  7. I also find the kids more afraid of the teacher than parents, and they will always say:"My teacher says....", so must listen. Maybe because the school teacher is very fierce and always threaten them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the power of a teacher ! haha

      Delete
  8. maybe before sleep can double cek his schoolbag lor..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got too many books so hard to identify which books is not in his bags.

      Delete
  9. YX is a lucky boy...got mummy to send him right up to his classroom! My C goes to school by her school bus. If she forgets anything, have to sendiri tanggung lor... Usually her teacher will just "kou fen" (minus her merit points) but will not scold.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails