Monday, March 3, 2014

Missing

During the previous book fair, we bought a big box of erasers, a few boxes of 2B pencils and some other stationary which the kids need to use. Since XJ's kindy provided writing materials, she only need to use her own set of stationary while doing homework at home.

As for YX, he will need a set of complete stationary to bring to his primary school. Every time, he will comes back with missing 'something'. Today, will be ruler, and tomorrow will be a brand new 2B pencils. His erasers will never be in his possession for more than a week. I need to replace his stationary very often and everytime, he will hear me nagging.

Just the other day, I gave him a brand new eraser. When I got back home after work, I sarcastically asked him if his eraser is already missing. He proudly showed me his pencil box with the eraser inside. I was glad.

A few more days later, he came and told me his eraser went missing !

Not only about missing stationary, he loves to poke his eraser with his pencil and sometime, a big piece of eraser will be cut into half. This made me thought of my childhood. My brother and I did that too ! haha and I really wonder, why was it so fun to do that ? Besides than eraser, he loves to sharpen his pencil both ends. The head and tail will be sharpen and shy to say, I did that during my primary years too ! haha

XJ was being influenced by her brother and she too sharped her pencils both ends. Her eraser is always missing too ! No matter how many times I warned them and scolded them, they still come back with missing 'something', especially erasers. 

25 comments:

  1. hmm, cannot be missing his stationery persistently right.. if occasionally then could be stolen or misplaced, but then doesn't make sense you have to give him new stationery every week.. i guess you have to set rules and give him pressure, so that he will appreciate and take better care of his belongings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to invest in a stationary shop. haha

      Delete
  2. can set rules like you can only have a new pencil if you exchange with me a used one, or can buy from me a pencil for 20-sen each, else no talk.. set rules like that and hopefully this will train him not to be forgetful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, mummy will be very busy ! haha

      Delete
  3. errr, use pencil to poke the eraser?? errr, i don't remember i did that, haha, but i remember one time we bought a lot of eraser (those 10sen a piece with letters printed) and then arrange them in lines, push one at the end and see the others falling onto one another in a line.. errr, you understand what i am trying to explain?? haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are such a good boy. We used to do that during primary years only la.

      Of course I know what SK is talking about. I used to have those alphabet erasers too.....

      Delete
  4. errr, sharpening the pencils both ends.. i think this is actually for convenience lah.. when one end get blunt then can immediately use the other end and don't have to sharpen every time.. i remember a classmates even tie two pencils together using rubber band, so that she can turn over and write using the other pencil..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what my boy told me, for convenience. But I think a bit too dangerous because the other sharp end is pointing at the eye. Now, I forbid them to sharpen their pencil like that. Recently, I've given my boy mechanical pencil. No need to sharp.

      Delete
  5. When I was younger, I had the habits to poke eraser with pencil too! Haha xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha....I wonder what is the fun in that ? Many kids did that......

      Delete
  6. You know what? The stuff you said about missing stationaries and poking erasers are happening to my kids too. And the younger one sometimes bring back new stationaries as well from kinddy. Lol.

    Now I limit 1 pencil, 1 eraser and 1 ruler in my primary school going kid. But there is spare one pencil and eraser as well as shapener in her bag. Only take out when neccessary. At least the missing cases getting lesser now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.......we can shake hand already.

      Delete
  7. Kids! They're all the same... Had my share of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's make parenting so challenging !

      Delete
  8. I told Ethan if your stationaries went missing once or twice is okay but if they keep going missing, he'll have to go to school without them so he very takut dy. Guarded them for life! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh...I've given those warnings to the kids but still, doesn't work.

      Btw, there is a box suddenly appeared on my screen, prompting to key in username and password for your website submerry.com.

      Delete
  9. It's the same with my son whe he was younger.

    Such a headache. Give Staedtler pensil, he brought back some other pencils...

    But it improve as he got bigger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my kids will improved too when they grew bigger.

      Hmm...so your son basically changed the brand. Still a win win rather than my kids, lost and I need to replace!

      Delete
  10. I love stationery, whenever I go shopping I love to shop for stationery such as notepads, highlighters, erasers etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my kids started school, I also loves to browse at the stationary aisle. Sometimes, I will buy extra and keep them.

      Delete
  11. My nieces always lost their stationary....so my sister always have to prepare some extra for them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...so all the kids are the same ?

      Delete
    2. Don't know about others, but my nephews and nieces are like that lo!!!

      Delete
  12. i oso used to dig the eraser with the pencil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha......was it that fun ? many of us did that. I noticed SIL's daughter also did that ! LOL !

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails