Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gastric

I finally knew the answer !

Referring to this post, now I know what happened to XJ. Few days ago, my girl complained of stomachache. Coincidentally, she had slight fever and the first thought came into my mind was 'APPENDICITIS'. After our dinner, I brought her to the clinic for a check-up.

Found out, she was actually having a throat infections and that's contributed to the mild fever. I told doctor that she also complaint of stomachache very often and what could be the problems.

Doctor analyzed her daily meal times and suggested that she might be having gastric. XJ had her dinner quite early in the evening. That will be around 6pm. If she was too tired, she will sleeps at 8pm. Before bedtime, she did not drink any milk or have any light supper. So, her dinner might not be sufficient to last her till the next morning. She wakes up at 6.30 am every morning but by that time, she already had stomach upset.

Due to her stomach upsets in the morning, she rejected breakfast and all the while, I thought it was wind. I applied ointment but that doesn't solved the problems. There were even a period of time where she would vomited her milk after drinking only a few mouthfuls.

Doctor suggested to make sure she takes some light supper before bedtime and breakfast is a must. She must take care of her stomach to avoid gastric attack so it won't mess with her daily meals. Doctor prescribed some gastric medications for her and luckily XJ don't have any problem gulping them down. So far, she no longer complained of stomach aches and I must make sure her stomach is always filled up.   

24 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I use to drink milk to relieve my gastric pains when I had that in the 70's. Must eat regularly to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have gastric too when I was young.

      Delete
  2. Hope she gets well soon. Yes, gastric can be serious matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ. Now, i must make sure she takes her meal regularly and must eat something before bedtime.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, gastric can be 'hor tai hor siew'.. Better follow doc's advise.. Kz also has very early dinner with us during the weekends, like 5pm.. But before bedtime he will drink milk, sometimes middle of the nite he will request for milk too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....middle of the night still request for milk ? If he wants, good to drink. Better to have something in the tummy

      Delete
  4. yes, make sure she eats something light every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya...i have to make sure of that.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I agree with Rose, gastric can be serious matter, not easy to take care of kids, hope she is better after seeing doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Taking care of kids are really not easy.

      Delete
  6. Take Care, XJ!!!
    din't know children can also get gastric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too but what the doctor said is quite true. She had dinner too early and since she did not take any supper, her stomach was empty for too long.

      Delete
  7. Hope she will be fine after this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow.....really have to take care then. Gastric no play play. But so happy that you found the reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found out the reason. Now, at least I know what to do.

      Delete
  9. hmmm, not a good news to hear that XJ has gastric problem.. now, you better make sure she has enough to eat and that she doesn't starve herself for long hours..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must make sure she drinks a cup of milk before bedtime if she didn't eat any supper.

      Delete
  10. glad that you brought her to visit a doctor and then found out the problem, cause guessing here and there also not a good thing.. anyway, hope she is feeling better now and i think she would be happy to have reasons to snack on more now?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...she even reminded me that doctor told her to be more 'than chi'.

      Delete
  11. poor girl. glad that you found out what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes....glad that i know what happened so i can rectify it.

      Delete
  12. Must take good care, gastric is very discomfort~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried whenever I heard her saying stomachache.

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails