Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SICK

The year 2014 doesn't seems to be a good year for us. We (my family) were sick from January off and on until now. We have been having sore throat and flu almost every month. No matter how much water or fruits we ate, the virus still managed to attack us !

Last week, XJ was having fever. Brought her to the clinic and found out she had sore throat and flu. Doctor prescribe some medications for her. 3 days later, she was still having fever despite she looked quite active. I brought her back to the clinic and doctor said her throat was inflamed. Doctor prescribed her with antibiotic. After a few dosage of antibiotic, her fever finally subsided. Now, she is a happy little girl again.

Just as XJ was still recovering, I was down with a very bad flu. My head was so heavy and I felt cold. I, too went to the doctor and rested at home. After taking the medications, I slept the whole day. It took me nearly 3 days to get back my energy. I'm feeling very much better now even thought I still have mild flu.

Then, came YX. His turned to caught the flu bug and was down with fever on Sunday evening. Monday, I allowed him to skip school for a day. However, it was so troublesome as he needs to go to his friend's house to copy homework. The next day, he was still having fever but he insisted to go to school because he was afraid he might missed out his homework. This morning, he was still having mild fever but he looked much better comparing to the last few days.

That's not the end. The next one was hubby. He was having headache this morning and looks like the bug had gone over to his body !

28 comments:

  1. Geez.....that ain't fun. If cough, try the onion remedy. Drink honey whenever you can. Hope the entire household gets well real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ...I, too hope no more flu bug and sore throat for the next coming months.

      Delete
  2. Same here.. From CNY til now, the kids and I are having sick every now & then.. After one thing comes another.. First it was the fever sore throat flu cough, then came the pox, first Kz, then G.. Next, hi-fever, both. Now, Kz is still having cough+phlegm+flu, G is having fever+cough.. What's wrong with us ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear....your family too ? The weather is very bad. Hope your kids get well soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! That is not good. Must take care of health, boost up Vit C, drink more fluid and stay indoor. The weather is also not so good for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. health is really important. Once sick, there are so many things we can't do and don't have the energy to do it. Feeling so weak.

      Delete
  4. Same like you. Almost every month I have to visit the clinic. I didn't see a great year too. Hopefully will be better the next half year.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aiyo....you too ? Hope we both have a better next half year ! haha.... Stay healthy !

      Delete
  5. Take care, hope you all get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tq...hope we are recovered soon.....can't wait for the healthy life again

      Delete
  6. Try to take Esberitox at the onset of a flu. It works like a charm for my girls & me. Also, if your body is the heaty type, do stay away fr deep fried food. Ever since my girls and I stopped eating fried food, sore infections are kept at bay too, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bodies are those heaty type. Especially my boy. He can't take any deep fried food, else, he will be down with fever and sore throat easily. But deep fried food are the most delicious one. haha

      Delete
  7. Should look into your family's diet perhaps. Needs some wholesome foods to make bodies stronger, Avoid undesirable stuff that may be nicer and liked by all. Can consult Chinese sinseh for natural alternative medicine, herbs - may help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIL prepared nutritious soup for the family every dinner and boiled lots of herbal tea, barley, etc.......yet, we are down with flu and sore throat. Might be the virus of the month !

      Delete
  8. I do think that 2014 is not a good year overall, look at the flight and ship incident!! :(

    Anyway, please take care and I wish you speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya.....so many mishap happening in the early 2014. Hope the next half year would be better.

      Delete
  9. oh dear, hope everyone has a speedy recovery!! i think probably it's because of the weather?? has been so hot and i guess many people were also sick..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the weather are not good these few months. When it did not rain, it was so hot until it hits 39 degree celcius. And the haze during that last few months. Can't even breath properly.

      Delete
  10. and especially children, they are more prone to the virus when they go to school.. but i guess little sickness is no big harm, cos it can actually help to increase our immunity system.. take it easy and get well soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only children, but me as well. Once my office got someone down with flu, the next one will be me.

      Delete
  11. i guess lots of water and sufficient of rest and sleep will help to recover.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed sleep really helps a lot. The other day, I slept almost whole day minus meal times la. I woke up so fresh.

      Delete
  12. I agree with Health Freak Mommy. Take Esberitox at the first sign of cold. And get plenty of rest and sleep. And of course, stay away from sweet stuffs and fried foods! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thks for sharing. I shall check out what Esberitox is.

      No matter how I love fried food, I think now is the moment I need to stop myself from eating them.....

      Delete
  13. u take care too. must not fall sick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care dearie.

    Hoe you and your family be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ai yoh... i think it's happening everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails