Friday, April 11, 2014

STUBBORN !

Hi peeps..... I've been missing from blogsphere lately. Was busy with something and will blog about it soon, hopefully.

Initially, I was planning to update my blog on next Monday but YX made me so angry yesterday night, that made me wanted to blog about it now. He is 8 this year and he is soooooooo STUBBORN !

Before bedtime, YX must drink a cup of MILO with oats. We were in the bedroom yesterday and I told him to follow me to the kitchen so I can make him the drink. No room service at my home. He obeyed and after finished his drink, it was only around 8.30pm. Since he had already finished his homework, I told him to sleep early. I wanted to wash the dishes and do the laundry, so I won't be going up so soon. 

He insisted me to accompany him to the bedroom !

I told him I have things to do so he should go to the bedroom himself. XJ already slept at that time and hubby is in the bedroom. I don't see any problem why he can't go to the room himself.

Being stubborn, he insisted me to accompany him. I refused and he stubbornly sat at the staircase waiting for me. I was so angry and really wanted to smack him, but I told myself not to. I also tried to control myself not to shout at him like a mad woman, but seeing him 'challenging me', I rose my voice a little and asked him to go to the room by himself.

He still insisted and refused to move !

The 'angel' inside me told me to just accompany him up since it won't take more than 1 minute. He can sleep and I can continue with my chores. No fuss.

But the 'devil' inside me kept repeating in my head "Don't listen to him. Don't make it a habit. He is old enough to do it by himself".

I ignored him. I'm also as stubborn as him. He wasn't too pleased and was cranky and whining. Finally, hubby must had heard my shouting earlier, came down and once YX saw his father (meaning someone to accompany him to the bedroom), he quickly ran up to the room. Of course hubby nagged at him too.

About 30 minutes later (after I'd finished all my chores), I went up to my room and saw him already sleeping soundly. I knew he was already very tired but ................sigh.....I hope I can be more patience with him. I hope he is not that difficult to be deal with when he grows up one day. Breath in.......Breath out......

If this happened to you, will you be the angel or the devil ?

24 comments:

  1. i think he just wan attention. my daughter sumtimes oso wan me to bring her to bedroom and pat her , even pat one time oso she syok, then she can immediately sleep like a pig...if i refused to bring her, she will keep waiting for me and delay sleeping time. so i think best way is to give in so tat i can hav peace too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your girl also like that ? Exactly ! When I refused, he waited for me and delayed his sleeping time. Wah......gonna explode already !

      Delete
  2. it's one of those "omm " moments.

    Sometimes they so tired it's hard to talk rationally to them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. So difficult to drill those words into his head !

      Delete
  3. hmmm, many times the "angel" and "devil" in ourselves are fighting and we being caught in the middle.. i guess it depends on the situation and how we can find a point of balance.. sometimes be good, and sometimes have to be bad also.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aii....I wanted to be an angel that night but I was too angry with him when I see he was so stubborn. So I chose to be the devil.

      Delete
  4. in this case, i think i will just bring him up for it just takes a minute of so, treat it as bonding time and after he is asleep i can do anything i want.. but then second thought, cannot let this happen all the time also, that's why i say it somehow boils down to finding a point of balance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to avoid climbing the staircases at home. When I'm up stairs, I will try to finish my task there but when I'm down stairs, I will finished up my chores before going up. I don't want to go up and down and up and down. Very tiring !

      Delete
  5. My 8yo girl also doesnt want to go upstair and sleep alone. Sigh. Usually she will get her brother to accompny her upstair or wait for me to go up together.

    Maybe your boy just need some attention from you, being close to yoy. Kids grow up fast. Soon, they wouldnt want you to accompany them. So i think we should try to spend more times with them while we can and they want us to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey...your words somehow woke me up. haha....It is true they grew up rather fast and we should treasure all these moments. I can't imagine in another few more years whereby he doesn't want me to stand close to him anymore.

      Delete
  6. Mine are always "accompanied" to his room because from toddler till now, I always tuck him in and kiss goodnight so this scenario didn't happen to me. ^^!

    But after a goodnight kiss, I leave him to sleep in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought my son will behave like this once a while... I always be the devil first then...become the angel again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you can become the angel. Haha...I was boiling inside.....so difficult to turn into angel that night.

      Delete
  8. Don't ask me, I myself also headache with my son, he is nearly 2 and can be very stubborn already!! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ! Hang on there mummy. Still a long way to go.

      Delete
  9. I wonder why he insisted? Insecurity? Afraid of the dark? He had a bad dream the night before or earlier. Maybe you should talk to him and ask him. Kids may not be able to take rejection lightly or easily - there may be far-reaching consequences. And not all kids are the same, can;t compare one to the other. These days, parenting is not an easy task - not like in the old days, just rotan and end of story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since young, he always need someone to accompany. His character is very difficult to predict and always challenged me ! But when he is a good boy, he really is.

      Delete
  10. I think this kind of feeling will only happen when you are staying in a big house. Having upstairs and downstairs can make you feel like you are very far apart from each other. We live in a small apartment so even when C is in the bedroom and I'm in the living room, she can still hear me whisper and feel like I'm just next to her so no such fuss so far haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what you said is true. My parent's ex-house was a single storey and the bedroom is just beside the living room. Everytime I was in the bedroom, I can still hear my parent's talking. hahaha.......

      Delete
  11. I can relate to this post.. I feel you, coz the same happens here, almost everyday.. When Kz is in a good mood, he will sleep by himself and be a good boy.. Else, he will make a fuss and wants the whole world to sleep with him.. I tend to raise my voice and shout at him, which I feel bad afterwards, and then, like you, seeing him already zzzz soundly by himself (after I shouted and scolded him like a mad cow), I feel so bad and quickly hug and sayang balik him when he wakes up.. Sigh, wish I have more patience and a good temper too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes, I felt that shouting only caused the whole situation stressful. But it is hard to control and not to shout. Right ? When the kids slept, they looked so beautiful.

      Delete
  12. tell me about it, my son same age as yours. he has phobia sleeping alone. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...maybe kids born in the year of Dog are like that !

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails