Wednesday, April 16, 2014

This morning

It was raining heavily this morning. Very early in the morning. It caused a massive jam and we nearly ran late to the school. Luckily YX was cooperative and quickly got himself ready. We arrived ON time. Just nice to hear the bell rings. Haha.... YX was so anxious because he was afraid his teacher will punished him. He always told me his teachers used cane to punish students. He was so scared.

Luckily the rain was not that heavy anymore when we reached the school. It drizzled so we just walked to the classroom without any umbrella. It was just a short distance from the parking lot. I helped to carry his bag into his classroom and phew.....teacher was not there yet. I quickly made a move, otherwise I might be late to the office. Such weather caused heavy traffic and slippery road. Must drive carefully.

Just as I was walking towards my car. I saw YX classmate's mum. She was with her maid, walking towards their car. The lady opened up her umbrella since it was still drizzling, but I was surprised, she did not share the umbrella with her maid. She just walked on her own and the maid, walking behind her under the drizzle. Sad to see this. I don't think it is wrong to share an umbrella with the maid. Well, I don't have a maid so I can't make further judgement. But to me, maid is a human too.

Then when I got into my car, I suddenly realized there was a beautiful and huge rainbow above the sky ! It had been quite some time I last saw a rainbow. What more, such a huge rainbow. Ahh.....love it very much.

22 comments:

  1. Didn't take a picture of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I was rushing to the office as well. Once in the office, I started to do my things and forgotten about the rainbow. haha

      Delete
  2. I can't understand why people ill-treat their maids like that. 9 out of 10, I would say. Maybe they think that they pay them money so that gives them the right to do that. They are so sinful, really!

    True what you say, the maids are humans too. Like everybody else, there are good ones and not so good ones. If they are really not good, they can send them back and ask the agent for a new one. They paid for that! But at times, I know the maids are not good because they are treated badly.

    What goes around comes around. God will punish them, that's for sure - they will get their just dues. In the Bible, Jesus said, "Do unto others what you would like others do unto you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. reminds me of son draw teacher's drawing, teacher holding cane. lol.. teacher ask him.. ah... I got like that meh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...that means his teacher really hold the cane. It is the reflections the kids have.....

      Delete
  4. A lovely morning, minus the lady not sharing umbrella with her maid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh..ya....and minus the heavy rain. But without the heavy rain + sunlight, no rainbow also hor haha

      Delete
  5. So sad that some of us view maids as a lesser human being :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm.....depending on individual. Some prefer to 'separate' the status

      Delete
  6. ah, lucky you and the kids they were not late for school.. i was always afraid of late to school last time too, so i would get up very early and then reach school really early.. in my secondary school, 0.001 marks will be deducted directly from the final score for every period late to school..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually consider late already because the school's bell rang. Oh ya..my son's school also talking about the merit points. But the teacher did not show us a copy of how it works.

      Delete
  7. hmmm, i would find that weird also if i see the lady who did not share her umbrella with the maid.. it's no wrong the share right, else, she might as ask the maid to stay in the car, or she stays in the car while asking the maid to walk the kid to school with the umbrella.. such a disgraceful sight~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course she needed the maid to be with her so the maid can carry her anak's school bag. Their classroom is on the 3rd floor. But yes, she should share since her umbrella is huge.

      Delete
  8. well, at least you hopped into your car and see a huge and beautiful rainbow.. makes your day huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at rainbow. Maybe because we don't see it every day. I actually like nature. Just like looking at clouds too. Some clouds are amazingly beautiful.

      Delete
  9. I like reading this post.. Like a rainbow after the rain, nice.. My kid has not started school yet, so forgive me for asking.. If the kid is late to school, and if accompanied by the parents to the class, and if the teacher is there, can the parent talk to the teacher and explain to the teacher that the kid is late coz of the jam, etc? Will the teacher still punish the kid even though the parent already explained to the teacher? I guess still hor, to show other kids that they are fair..

    About the maid, yes, I also feel very sorry for the maid after reading about it.. If the maid kena the rain, then she gets sick, siapa susah? The parents susah also ma, coz nobody to do the housework, and got to send the maid to the clinic also, kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, primary school teachers don't like parents to interfere with them. I myself do not know the answer also. Haha...coz I never encountered it.

      My thought ~ since they can stay together under one roof, why they can't share the same umbrella. The umbrella is those huge type.

      Delete
  10. hmm.......human ....got all sorts of perangai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..and that makes the world with all kinds of problems. haha

      Delete
  11. I don't have a maid at home but I think everyone should treat the maid fairly, yes, they are also human beings....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once saw a double rainbow, I was so happy, really make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe in Karma, so if you treat other people badly, one day the same thing will happen to you.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails