Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cleaned !

How was your holidays cum weekends ? Mine was nothing special. I had a day off on Thursday (Labour Day) and had to work for 2 days (Friday and Saturday). Many took leaves on Friday and could have 4 days off (since many are not working on Saturday as well) but I do not have that privileges. However, I do enjoyed my short holidays too.

On Thursday morning, after breakfast we went to Aeon to do some shopping at the supermarket department since they have some special promotion going on. Then, we headed to the phone shop as my 1 year old smartphone seems to have some problems. It doesn't function properly and I had troubled charging it too. Need to be sent to the service center for about 1 month. Luckily I still keep my old phone as life without a mobile phone will be so inconvenience. Though I can't use Internet on that phone but at least it still function well.

On Sunday, we just stayed at home. Since the kids' mid term exams are coming soon, we can't plan for any outings. Better stay home to keep them healthy and at the same time, helped them with some revisions.

In the afternoon, I decided to MOP my room. I said 'decided' because I've already planned to do it very long ago but I kept postponing. Dusts were accumulating and there were lots of lizards' droppings. I hate those lizards and I do not know how to get rid of them out of my room.

I mopped the floor while the kids helped to wipe their own bed frames. Mopping the floor can be so enjoying. haha.... and I felt so satisfied too seeing the floor and corner of the room were all cleaned ! You must be wondering how dirty my room could be, but no. Even I did not mop the floor previously, I did vacuum weekly.

Once mopping was done, I was sweating all over. Before I took my bath, I washed the bathroom. I scrubbed the bathroom tiles, toilet bowl and washed the sink. Everything were sparkling clean now ! So satisfied. A good workout too !

25 comments:

  1. Oh, I took leave on Friday coz G started first day at the nursery.. I don't work on Saturdays but hubby does.. So I have to takecare of the kids on Saturday, very tiring too.. I only mop the house once a week.. But I vacumn the house everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G goes to the nursery already ! So fast...but I know, you had problem finding a nanny.

      You vacuum every day !!!! U r so hardworking !

      Delete
    2. Ooohh, so you know about my story huh.. Yep, mum is too tired to takecare of G and ask me to take him back asap, but finding a nanny is a problem.. Found one, but very far away from my place, have to detour and all, and it's not cheap - RM1k!
      There's a nursery downstairs of our condo, but it's not Chinese operated. I will blog about it soon.. Meantime, this place has to do.. I got no other choice..

      Delete
    3. Haha...I knew your story coz I read your blog ma....

      Hang on there....kids grew up fast...soon he will be in primary school already.........

      Delete
  2. My mom mops the floor everyday, but I'll help out during holiday or weekend!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....your mum is also very hardworking ! I can't do that every day coz I would be telling myself, it is cleaned already. haha.....

      Delete
  3. A nice weekend workout! Well done! :) Last weekend, I had a cleaning lady come over to help with the cleaning. Otherwise I am not sure I could cope with house cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have a cleaning lady too...but her contract ended and she wanted to go back to her home country. Now, we have to do everything ourselves.

      Delete
  4. That is a good exercise actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya....a great workout ! I must do this regularly to keep myself healthy as well since I never go to the gym or do any other exercises.

      Delete
  5. as long as you have spent your day meaningfully, i guess it doesn't matter if it's a long or short holiday right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right ! At least I had many things done.

      Delete
  6. yeah.. sometimes it really need a strong push to get us all started to do some cleaning.. but once we started, i guess we want the whole house to look clean so we do more than we initially planned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to really pushed myself ...... a clean room = healthier life.

      Delete
  7. haha.. surely a great workout doing housework and cleaning the house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good night sleep too ! hahah.... Should do this more often.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Very meaningful weekends too. haha

      Delete
  9. My missus does it once a week too - well, she has this mistrust for maids and cleaners and everyone doesn't do it good enough for her...so let her do it. That way, no complaints anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same like my mum ! So she got to do everything herself ! hahaha

      Delete
  10. I love doing housechores, it's really a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do more often starting from this month. haha....Cannot be lazy anymore

      Delete
  11. I hate doing household chores! Especially cleaning the toilets! But mopping floor is so much easier right? And I do like the satisfaction of having a clean floor after hard work mopping it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that mopping the floor is easier. Hahah....so you too, have that kind of satisfaction after mopping !

      Delete
  12. Doing houseworks can be very therapeutic... feels good with the result after that... clean, neat and tidy...

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails