Thursday, May 8, 2014

Found it

While I was still curious on how does the salted fish bun tasted like, I was surprised too that it does exist in my town ! A few weekends back, SIL came back with a box of salted fish buns !

Apparently, SIL bought via her friend who knows where to order them. I heard it was made from home but do not know how long their business were. Maybe they just started it after the drama ? haha..... but I heard you need to pre-order before you can buy them. Those mouth-watering buns were freshly prepared and fried on the spot.

Ohh.......yummy salted fish buns
Hmm....so how's the taste ?

The skin was more like those Shanghai dumplings (wor thip) and the fillings were meaty with a hint of salted fish aromas. It was obviously delicious if you like salted fish. Just like how it was being described in the dramas, the buns were indeed very juicy. I certainly love this savory buns.

Have you tried it before ?

26 comments:

  1. Salted fish bun? Never heard of it, and never seen it too.. First look at it, I thought it's the burger Malaysia, the ones with sambal, ikan bilis and cucumber inside.. Deep fried too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....burger Malaysia was one of my favourite during schooling time. Now very difficult to find a delicious one.

      Delete
  2. Nope, haven't try before, hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other day at the pasar malam, I even saw a stall selling salted fish fried tofu ! Wanted to try but at the end, did not.

      Delete
  3. oh yeah, i supposed they must have just started after the TVB drama..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so too, after it got famous in that drama, people will be looking for it.

      Delete
  4. i saw one stall selling these salted fish bun in Ipoh by some youngsters, and the queue was long.. didn't try that though.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....business minded young entrepreneurs ! haha

      Delete
  5. yeah, i would also have thought they are some kind of shanghainese pan-fried pao stuff with pork and a hint of salted fish.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The textured really tasted like 'wor thip'. A bit oily though

      Delete
  6. Oooh, nice? Never eeen or tasted it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice....because I like salted fish !

      Delete
  7. I definitely love this as I like salted fish. I always order salted fish fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love salted fish too...especially stir fry with bean sprouts

      Delete
  8. What's inside? Doesn't look like it's all salted fish? More like minced meat...probably with salted fish added?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, minced pork mixed with salted fish and some onions / chives.

      Delete
  9. Fresh homemade buns. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home business by mother & daughter.........

      Delete
  10. Never heard of this before but it sure looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got famous from the tvb drama.

      Delete
  11. Nope, haven't try before.....
    But looks not bad~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard Ipoh are selling.....nearer to your place. haha

      Delete
  12. I might not like it as I don't like salted fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same like my boy, he doesn't like salted fish. He says it stinks ! haha ...but I love it very much.

      Delete
  13. We don't have this in Singapore, I think it must be nice because I like salted fish

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice or not ar???

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails