Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

No big celebrations but I had a blissful Sunday. On the eve's of Mother's Day, YX came up to me and wish me Happy Mother's Day while gave me a bear hug. Wow....I was surprised by his gesture and asked him "Who taught you to do that ?" He said he learned it himself.  LOL ...... XJ gave me a sliced of paper cake which she made in kindy. It was her arts and crafts and she wrote 'Happy Mother's Day & I Love You Mummy'. Thank you children...........

On Sunday morning, I went for my facial. I bought a Buy 1 Free 1 package during a bookfair few months back and I finally used it on Mother's Day. It was not purposely arranged but since we don't have any plans for outings, I decided to book it on that Sunday.

It was so relaxing ! I really enjoy the 2 hours plus pampering myself. The fully air conditions private room was dimly lit and if the lady did not come in every few minutes, I might had fallen asleep. My package included of shoulder massages and I really enjoyed that a lot. It was so comfortable and after the massages, I can feel my shoulders were not that stiff anymore.

Back home, I helped YX with some Bahasa Malaysia homework and took a short nap. It rained a while and I love to sleep while it rains. XJ too, took her afternoon nap while the energetic YX played on his own. Hubby also lazed in the room with his ipad.

In the evening, we went to visit SIL in the hospital as she just gave birth to a baby boy ! She had the BEST Mother's Day gift ever..........

Before we headed home, hubby decided to bring us to have some tea at one of the cafe. I suddenly felt hungry and ordered creamy pasta with salmon. It was yummy but no other family members dare to try. All doesn't like the creamy white sauce. They don't know what they miss! hahaha............

When we reached home, it was already 9pm and the kids were still wide awake. I started to have those stressful feelings as it was already late and the kids have school the next day. But the youngest SIL asked us to gave her 5 minutes. Suddenly, she took out a box of cake which she bought earlier to celebrate Mother's Day with us ( MIL & I ). All of us had a slice. After some dilly dally here and there, the kids finally went to bed at 10pm, the latest sleeping time they ever had during schooling days.

15 comments:

  1. Aww..looks like a very fun and meaningful celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It indeed was a meaningful celebrations

      Delete
  2. hmmm, i think not necessarily have to had big and grand celebration lah.. as long as you are happy, then it's okay lah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really emphasis on such celebrations. As I told hubby, every day, I'm a MOTHER.

      Delete
  3. at least the kids didn't forget to wish you Happy Mother's Day.. you got a bear hug and also a paper cake, haha!! oh, yeah, not forgetting the facial treat from yourself and the nice creamy salmon pasta from your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have learned it from school. Nowadays, school taught them such celebrations. haha.... i don't remember my school teaching about Mother's Day / Father's Day. Maybe at that time, it was not a hit yet ?

      Delete
  4. and sweet was a little surprise from your SIL, hehe!! nice gesture from her to bought that cake for a more "official" celebration - for all the moms in the house~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have a great time on mothers day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know that you enjoyed your ME time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha....I know how you feel about stressed they are sleeping late when tomm they have school. So I am glad you had some time off to relax on mothers' day. You really deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet, you had a good celebration.. Mine was very simple, just a simple dinner at a restaurant on Saturday evening.. But with two babies around, we couldn't eat in peace.. The waitress had to keep reminding me "Your baby's leg is out of the hi-chair".. Haiz... G kept standing up on the hi-chair, making noise.. Kz pulak didn't wana eat anything.. Kek sei ngor lor, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i spent this year mother's day with a chicken pox patient....

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails